Thursday, June 01, 2017

June goals


The lovely photo is by Abby at Little Birdie Blessings
A new month!  I'm not sure where May went, but it appears to be gone.  Time to set some goals for the new month, as follows:

* Continue an informal study of Come Before Winter, by Charles Swindoll, for my quiet time
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Finish study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart
* Order books for our next Sunday School study 
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night. 
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Keep up with Flylady's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Post in my Christmas blog at least once or twice weekly
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and work on crafting any handmade ones
* Declutter filing cabinets and bookshelves
* Spend several hours updating my A-store.
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Plan a graveside service and family gathering in memory of my dad
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house
* Scan loads of old family photos
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
* Finalize trip plans to see loved ones in Nevada
* Continue upholding my husband as he continues on with our church's pastoral search

JUNE'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully/drink kombucha
WORD For 2017: Stewardship

And here is how I did with my May goals:

* Continue an informal study of Come Before Winter, by Charles Swindoll, for my quiet time -- DONE!  (that is, I am still working on the study, but I have met my goal of continuing it)
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- DONE!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- DONE!
* Continue study for Sunday School -- Following God With All Your Heart -- DONE!
* Order books for our next Sunday School study -- not done, though I have selected the book we'll use
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times  -- not sure; probably at least 15 times
 * Get to bed by 9 pm each night -- haven't quite managed this, but have gotten there several times.
* Limit sugar and red meat -- doing great with the red meat, not so well with sugar
* Drink enough water each day -- I know this hasn't been happening.
* Keep up with Flylady's missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Post in my Christmas blog at least once or twice weekly -- didn't even manage that this month, though I have many ideas for posts.
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible -- managing several days a week.
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- not done.
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and work on crafting any handmade ones -- DONE! (That is, the planning is getting done.)
* Declutter filing cabinets and bookshelves -- not done
* Spend several hours updating my A-store -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family  -- DONE!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- DONE!  (but not as much as I'd like -- maybe that will change soon)
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- DONE!
* Continue weekly visits to my dad at the nursing home -- DONE!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house -- continuing to work on it, but not done
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- working at this
* Continue planning a trip to see loved ones in Nevada -- DONE!  (we have tickets!)
* Get kids' summer devotional books to the printer -- DONE!
* Continue upholding my husband as he continues on with our church's pastoral search -- DONE!
* Get started learning to make kombucha -- DONE!

MAY'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully -- In general I didn't too badly with these habits in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.