Saturday, December 02, 2017

December 2


Oh, don't you love the vintage card above?  It's one that I found in my cleaning and sorting spree.  I love how it gives a window into a Christmas kitchen!

I really have no idea at all if I'll be able to post here daily, but I will give it a try.  Today I'll just share what I did yesterday for Christmas preparations:

* Began a December Scripture-writing plan
* Took down all the fall items in the dining room
* Took the fall trims off the grapevine wreath on the front door
* Replaced them with winterberries, at least for now
* Replaced "Autumn Blessings" with "December blessings" on the chalkboard
* Redid the table with a more Christmasy look
* Redid the hutch with a more Christmasy look
(Both of these are likely to change as Christmas gets closer.   Both are pretty simple right now.  The table just has a pretty Christmas dish towel (from my friend Arlene's Cracker Barrel giveaway) for a runner, with a Christmasy bowl of cookie cutters atop it.    The hutch will definitely be changed as more of my Christmas things are brought down from the attic.)

The boxes containing Christmas gifts are starting to arrive quickly now, so I will need to get busy wrapping and I do still have a few last gifts to attend to. 

One important thing I've done toward my Christmas cookie baking is to order a new hand mixer from a Black Friday sale at Kohl's.  My hand mixer barely works.  It doesn't owe me anything, as I have worked it nearly to death.  The new one should arrive any day and I am anxious to try it out!

10 comments:

  1. Every cook needs a working mixer! Glad that you ordered a new one! I do love that vintage card with its peek into a kitchen of yesteryear. Don’t fret about posting. So much to do in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that card so nifty, Vee? I loved it and just had to share. The mixer came but I haven't had time to get it out of the box!

      Delete
  2. I always look forward to seeing your hutch decorated Mrs T...so pretty. I wanted to include in my answer to your question about clip board displays...I also add interfacing to the back of my cross stitch piece. It just looks better on a piece that is not framed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hutch is likely to experience a few more tweaks when I get the Christmas things out of the attic!

      Thanks for the info regarding the interfacing on the back of the cross stitch piece. I have plenty of interfacing on hand and I hope that I can finish the project in the next day or two. We will see!

      Delete
  3. I have been busy doing much of the same as I found time. I love that vintage card. It is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is so hard to come by, isn't it? I have my entire first box of gifts sent to NV now and hope to get the next one off by Monday at the latest. Yes, a fun card. Happy I found it.

      Delete
  4. LOVE THE CARD ! Love you to do list !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy! Isn't that card great? So happy that I found it.

      Delete
  5. You have been a busy bee with your exchange of decorations! Don't worry about posting, I appreciate you & love reading your posts. December is such a busy month. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! So happy you enjoy reading the posts. Please go back and check out the December archives if you have time. I think you will find some good reading there, as there were many years when I did post daily in December.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.