Friday, December 01, 2017

December goals


How on earth did it get to be December?  The year has simply flown by, the time seeming to pass much more quickly than usual.  Be that as it may, the calendar tells me December is a reality.  So, time to set some goals!

Here are my goals for December:
* Work on Colossians Bible study in my quiet time †
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue new study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times.
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night. 
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Drink kombucha each day.
* Keep up with cleaning and decluttering missions in homemaking zones of the week.
* Post in this blog every day in December if possible
* Post daily in my Christmas blog through December
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and work on crafting any handmade ones
* Declutter filing cabinets and bookshelves
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house; work on estate
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating
* Decorate for Christmas
* Finish purchasing Christmas gifts; wrap; mail distant ones
* Take three of our local grandchildren for our traditional Christmas outing
* Send out cards for a Christmas card swap I'm participating in
* Make and carry out plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
* Focus on Advent each day this month
* Continue upholding my husband as he continues on with our church's pastoral search

 † I'll resume my informal study of Come Before Winter, by Charles Swindoll, sometime in the new year, depending on how my study of Colossians goes.

DECEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully/drink kombucha

WORD for 2017: Stewardship

And here's how November went:
* Work on Colossians Bible study in my quiet time † -- Not done.  I ended up participating in the Gratitude Challenge from Revive our Hearts, and after just a few days I knew I would have to set Colossians aside.
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- done!
* Add 4 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- not done.  The
Gratitude Challenge kept me busy every day!
* Continue new study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus-- done!
* Exercise or walk at least 20 times -- done!
* Get to bed by 9:30 pm each night -- not done consistently.
* Limit sugar and red meat -- did great with meat, not so much with sugar.
* Drink enough water each day -- not done.
* Drink kombucha each day -- not done
* Keep up with cleaning and decluttering missions in homemaking zones of the week -- not done, although I have tried.
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible -- done!
* Post regularly in my Christmas blog -- not done
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- not done, though I've worked on them a bit
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and work on crafting any handmade ones -- not done
* Declutter filing cabinets and bookshelves -- not done
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- done!
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- done!
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- done!
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house; work on estate -- not finished, but I've worked on it nearly every day.
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- done!
* Make and carry out plans for Thanksgiving -- done!
* Focus on gratitude each day this month -- done!
* Continue upholding my husband as he continues on with our church's pastoral search -- done!

 † I'll resume my informal study of Come Before Winter, by Charles Swindoll, probably in December or the new year, depending on how my study of Colossians goes.

NOVEMBER'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully/drink kombucha

WORD for 2017: Stewardship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.