Monday, April 02, 2018

April goals



Okay, April started yesterday, so it's time to set some goals for the month and report on how March went.  So, here are some goals for April:

* Finish up an informal study of Charles Swindoll's Come Before Winter for my quiet time
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones.
* Add 4 to 8 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night  
* Limit sugar and red meat.
* Drink enough water each day.
* Walk and/or exercise each day.
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week.
* Do something creative each day
* Post in my Christmas blog at least once or twice weekly
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family
* Send lengthy email to a friend
* Call faraway friends to chat
* Learn more about cultured foods and begin making more of them
* Declutter and reorganize my closet
* Declutter and revamp computer room
* Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able
* Continue to encourage and support my hubby as he works through a pastoral search for our church
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house; work on estate
* Plan a getaway with my hubby
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating

APRIL'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully
WORD FOR 2018: Settled
 🌷 🍃 🌷 🌸 🍃 🌸  🌷 🍃 🌷 🌸 🍃 🌸  🌷 🍃 🌷
And here is how March went:
* Work on the Rachel Wojo study Everything Beautiful for my quiet time -- done!
* Memorize at least 4 Bible verses and review some older ones -- done!
* Add 4 to 8 pages to my "What Do I Know About My God?" Scripture notebook -- not done (the study I was working on included Scripture journaling)
* Continue study for Sunday School -- A Woman Who Reflects the Heart of Jesus -- done!
* Get to bed by 9 pm each night -- not done, though we managed it by 9:30 most nights
* Limit sugar and red meat -- did okay with this
* Drink enough water each day -- need to keep working on this
* Walk and/or exercise each day -- not done, and yet, in a way, it was (I'll explain below)
* Keep up with Flylady's homemaking zones of the week -- not done
* Do something creative each day -- done!
* Post in my Christmas blog at least once or twice weekly -- not done
* Post in this blog most weekdays if possible -- not done (I managed only 5 posts in March)
* Continue working on several UFO craft projects -- done! (that is, the projects are not done, but I did work on them, on one in particular)
* Continue planning for family birthday gifts and crafting any handmade ones -- done!
* Continue stocking my Etsy shop and continue selling vintage items -- done!
* Write at least 4 encouraging notes to friends and family -- done!
* Send lengthy email to a friend -- I wrote a long snail mail letter instead, so I'm counting this done!
* Call faraway friends to chat -- done!
* Learn more about cultured foods and begin making more of them -- not done
* Declutter and reorganize my closet -- not done
* Declutter and revamp computer room -- not done
 * Help and encourage my local daughter as I'm able -- not done; it was more like her helping and encouraging me!
* Clean church and set up for potluck meal -- partially done
* Sort out and declutter my dad's house; work on estate -- worked on that a bit
* Possibly plan a getaway with my hubby -- not done
* Plan meals with a greater emphasis on healthy eating -- done!

MARCH'S HEALTHY HABITS:  Drink enough water/exercise/eat healthfully
WORD FOR 2018: Settled

🍀As many readers know, a fall on the ice the first Sunday in March pretty much derailed my month.  Most of my energy went into recuperation.  I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better and probably back to 90-95%.  I can say that I did walk or exercise each day because, even when I felt absolutely horrible, I got up (from the recliner, where I was most comfortable) a couple of times every hour and either walked around the house, went out and walked on the screened porch, or went up and downstairs a few times.  I knew it was important to move as much as possible, and I'm convinced that it (and the fresh air) did help.  Many, many things did not get done, but I did spend time on a cross-stitch UFO nearly every day, and only have some back stitching to complete.  I also found that the Rachel Wojo study I was doing, Everything Beautiful, was absolutely perfect for this particular season in my life.  It was very simple, and yet it forced me into God's Word every day and made me focus on God and not my circumstances. 🍀

I'm certainly hoping and praying for April to be more productive than March was.  Still, my times are in God's hand, and He allowed things to slow to a crawl for me in March.  He had a purpose in that -- a good purpose! -- and I am trusting Him for April as well.

Do you have any goals for April?

12 comments:

  1. Glad you are better. Those months happen more often than we like, but they are part of it. Hoping April is more productive. I felt like March got by me as well and I had no reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Sandy! Yes, I am feeling much better. I feel as if my enthusiasm for life is returning along with my health and mobility. Thanks for your prayers, and may we both enjoy a happy, productive April!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Wow to your March and Wow to your goals for April. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I probably won't accomplish half of them, Terri. But I do subscribe to the old adage that if you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time -- so I always try to aim at something!

      Delete
  3. Your goals wear me out! 🙃 Yes, I have some goals and they’re turning out to be pretty labor intensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Vee! I don't intend to wear anyone out with my goals (not even myself!).

      Is one of your April goals the cleanup of the area you showed on Instagram? I'd say that is indeed labor intensive! Wish we lived closer and could help with it.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:50 PM

    Mrs T, I found your blog through Arlene's. You have such great goals. I used to be a list maker but for whatever reason stopped making lists. I look forward to reading more of your blog. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Gina! Making lists is a huge help to me. I make a list of priorities every day or I would get nowhere.

      Browse around in the archives here and enjoy ... I have over a dozen years of posts here. I'm sure you'll find posts you'll enjoy reading.

      Delete
  5. So glad you have recovered from that fall! Love reading your goals and how they work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucie! I love having you visit. I actually posted in my Christmas blog this week as well!

      Delete
  6. Oh Sarah! You have had a rough go of in it March! I'm sorry about that fall on the ice in March, but glad that you are doing much better with it now. Getting up and moving every hour I'm sure played a huge role in your quick recovery! I always love seeing your collection of vintage items, and the calendar above shows a picture of time gone by where hard work was a prized and valued thing and when kids would have fun after work was done with playing ball outside. We grew up doing the same, and I'm so thankful we did. Always enjoy your posts, and hope you are having a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn!

      Yes, it was a rough go in March, but I am thankful to be feeling so much better, and able to get outside and walk on clear roads.

      Yes, aren't those vintage calendar pictures just the best? I love that picture and especially the verse.

      Our weekend was good, but incredibly busy! Looking forward to it being a bit quieter this weekend.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my kitchen table! I love company here in my kitchen, so be sure to leave a comment so I'll know you've visited! I'll answer your questions and comments here on the blog unless you request otherwise.